Thursday, December 12, 2013

Family Portrait

 

When I saw this new set by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co., I immediately thought of old portraits and how they used to hang them with ribbon or cording.  That is what I tried to convey with this card.  I tried 6 different colors of ink before I settled on Soft Suede for the portrait.  I wanted a vintage feel to the image.  The floral background paper reminds me of old wallpaper.  This is a very very CAS card, but I like the way it turned out.  I hope you do too.

Stamps:  Family
Paper:  Corn Husk, Summer Starfruit, Crate Paper "Random" stack
Ink:  Soft Suede
Misc:  ribbon, button

I hope you enjoyed the blog hop and the new format this month!  I hope you'll join us again in the New Year! 

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card, Patty. I like the dp you used and how you used the ribbon to hang your picture on the wall.

Kathy Bradley said...

Patty,
Your card is so stunning - a perfect portrait hanging on the wall!