Sunday, September 15, 2013

2 cards for you today

 


My first card for you today is the one I made for the Inspiration Challenge yesterday.  I used the newly released stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co called "What a Scream".  My inspiration was a Steiff black cat from Williams Sonoma. It's very simple, but I really like he way it turned out.

Stamps:  What a Scream
Paper:  Speedy Cat Black Linen, grey, MAMBI Halloween paper stack
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Misc:  Enamel dots



My second card is a very special card that I made yesterday.  There is a group called "Honor Flight Network" that flies WWII & Korean veterans to Washington DC to see their memorials at no cost to them.  They do an old fashioned mail call like they did back in the war days.  I don't know who will receive this card, but I hope they feel special when they receive it!  We owe these men & women our freedom today, and it was the least I could do.  The sentiment on the inside says "We thank those who have made our country strong.  Thank you for your service."  

Stamps:  Be Proud, USA Heroes (sentiment)
Paper:  Snow Storm Smooth, Cherry Slush by MFP, Bo Bunny "Liberty" Collection
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Misc:  ribbon, flag charm, Spectrum Noir Pens

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

4 comments:

UTs Hobby Time said...

Nice cards. Love both the cards.

Laurie Unger said...

Great cards Patty! love how you did the eagle!

Kathy Bradley said...

Patty,
Two wonderful cards! I really love the colorful BG on your Halloween card, but the second card is my fav - gorgeous!

nwilliams6 said...

Patty, so fun to come find your blog and join it. These are both very cool cards. Love the colors on both and the eagle is gorgeous! Hugz! Nancy