Saturday, August 4, 2012

Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge~~Back to Nature



This weeks Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge is "Back to Nature".  I decided to use the stamp set "North American Woods" because I thought that a wolf really symbolized nature.  This is a very simple card.  I stamped the sentiment "Get Back to Nature" in River Rock ink all over the River Rock background, stamped my wolf image in basic grey on Snow Storm Smooth CS, colored his eyes with my blue copic marker, cut him out with an oval nestie and backed it with a bashful blue scalloped oval nestie.  A quick large MS border punch in dark chocolate bar, and viola' I was done!   I'm thinking about making more of these to use a birthday cards for my male clients in September.  We'll see.

Stamps:  North American Woods
Paper:  Snow Storm Smooth, Dark Chocolate Bar, Bashful Blue, River Rock
Ink:  Basic Grey, River Rock
Misc:  Copics, Nesties, Large MS Border Punch

I hope you will join us this week for our Back to Nature challenge.  You could be the winner of a stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers!

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

6 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card....love your design. That's a great border.

stampingbowd said...

I love the sentiment stamped on your BG!!!!! Great card!!!

Kate said...

Great way to use the sentiment! Wonderful card.

Kathy Bradley said...

Patty,
Gorgeous and awesome - the very perfect masculine card! Great BG, beautiful wolf and very cool punch used! This would be a wonderful card for your male clients!!

Pat said...

You looking at my cards? :O)) Great minds think alike.

waikiki beach hotel said...

Nice image, i love the elements in this card, it's simple yet very clean and the colour you chose is very masculine.