Saturday, August 6, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week 67~~Anything but a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card

This week's Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge was to make a card any shape other than the standard
4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card.  I chose to make a center step card.  If you don't know how to make a center step card I have a tutorial here on my blog, or you can go over to Speedy TV to see the tutorial also.   I just love the African Veldt set from Mark's Finest Papers and have been using it a lot for masculine birthday cards, and I thought this was the perfect image for my center step card.

Stamps:  African Veldt, Birthday Mini (sentiment)
Paper:   Corn Husk, Aged Marigold, Deep Olive by MFP, Prima "Moulin Rouge" paper pad
Ink:  soft suede, Tim Holtz Distress ink, Dried Marigold and Tea Dye
Misc:  copics, ribbon, giraffe charm, MS leaf border punch, nesties

I hope you can play along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge this week.

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie 

8 comments:

Becky said...

This is lovely, wonderful design.

Harriet Skelly said...

Patty this is a wonderful center step card! I love the border punching on the sides!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, you're a more adventurous crafter than I am! A center step card looks difficult to me. I'd rather crank up the ol' Big SHot with a couple of nesties and stick 'em together! LOL Great masculine card, Patty.

Carol Hurlock said...

Patty this is gorgeous. I love this giraffe image and your punched details. How fun and fabulous this creation is.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Janeen said...

It looks so elegant. I have never done a center step card, will have to give it a try. Thanks for posting the tutorial. That giraffe just looks so friendly doesn't he?

Lori said...

Fantastic Patty! I just did my first Center Step card, so much fun!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Patty- You may have just inspired me to try a center step card! Great job on coloring your giraffe!

Marlena M. said...

I love the way you showcased the giraffe! Beautiful. ;)