Monday, May 4, 2009

Waterfall Cards





Here are 2 of the waterfall cards I made over the weekend. They are so much fun!!! You pull down on the ribbon and the card folds out. I have others to post later in the week. If you want to try your own, here's a link to a tutorial over on SCS: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/waterfall_card/


Here's the supplies:

Stamps: Bitty Birthday, (sentiment unknown clear stamp)

Paper: Parisian Summer DSP, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Whisper White

Ink: Pretty in Pink, So Saffron

Misc: Soft Subtle brads, So Saffron 5/8" grossgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink 1/4" grossgrain ribbon, 3/4" circle punch, staple


Once I learned how to make these (I really thought they would be difficult), I couldn't stop making them. I probably made 20 of them in total on Sunday!!! You can't tell very well in the picture, but I sponged around each of the white squares with either So Saffron or Pink Pirouette. It really brought out the color.


I really wish someone would send some sunshine our way to Northern Virginia! It rained all weekend, and is suppose to rain on and off all week long! UGH. I don't mind rain, but this is getting ridiculous. Plus, Winnie really doesn't like the rain.



I hope everyone had a very happy Monday & will have a good week. Oh yeah, next week I'll only be posting a few days because I have to go to NY for a business meeting. I'll be gone Tuesday through Thursday.


Have a wonderful evening.


Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie


3 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

These are really cute! I'll have to give it a try myself. Have a great business trip!
Carol

Diane (djuseless) said...

I have not tried to make a waterfall card yet! You may have just inspired me!

Suzie said...

Thank you for letting me know where to find a tutorial. I loved your cards, what a great idea.