Friday, May 1, 2009

Acrylic Post It Note Holders



I made these acrylic post-it note holders last weekend. They were very quick & easy! I'm going to put one in my MILs gift bag.
The top picture shows the holders in 3x5 size & the bottom ones are 4x6. I also made the pens to match the DSP. I used a whole package of post-it notes on each of the 4x6 ones; however, I couldn't find the right size post it for the 3x5 size so I had to use some "weird" sizes side by side. I really don't like them, so I may have to see if Staples can cut some post-it notes to size for me. I think they have a big "paper saw" that they can use to cut multi sheets at one time.
One the 4x6 sizes I also stamped in the bottom right corner on each of the note pads. I thought that really made them cute.
Supplies:
Stamps: (top pic) Flight of the Butterfly, Morningsoft (bottom pic) Flight of the Butterfly, Echoes of Kindness & the bird is a clear stamp that I got in the sale bin at Michaels (I think?)
Paper: Tea Party DSP, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Staz-On Black, Regal Rose, Always Artichoke
Misc: stampin' sponges, RSVP pens, water color crayons, aqua painters
I cut the DSP either 4x6 or 3x5 & inserted it into the acrylic picture frames. NOTE: The frames are turned 180 degrees rather than stood upright as you would when you put a photo in the frames. I then stamped the design and adhered to the top of the frame. I attached the post it notes with red liner tape for extra secruity because I don't think they stay very well otherwise.
I hope you enjoy these acrylic post it note holders. I really had a good time making them!
Have a wonderful evening. I'll post the rest of my gift items tomorrow.
Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

2 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Patty: I just love these. When I was working, this would have been a little gift I would have made for my employees. Great idea and just adorable.
Carol

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great job on these! I love that Tea Party DP too! I may have to place an SU order to take advantage of the special on DP and horde it!!!!