Friday, April 3, 2009

Gift of Spring Thank You Card

I'm stuck on purple/lavendar for some reason right now. I made several different cards all with shades of purple. But, it just seems like such a wonderful spring color. Speaking of spring, the bulbs (daffodils, tulips etc) are all out in full color here in Northern Virginia. And they are lovely. My husband says the cherry blossoms are in full bloom now and are also a beautiful sight. (His office overlooks the tidal basin in DC) I was hoping to take Winnie down to see them and take some pics, but it rained here most of the day. Maybe early next week. This weekend is the Cherry Blossom Fesitval, and I don't want to go anywhere near the place with all the people. That's the nice thing about living here, you can go when there aren't as many visitors! And, my hostas are starting to peek through the ground. So far, only 5 are showing, but I'm hoping within the week, I'll see the rest. I think there's 10-12 of them. I just can't remember.

Anyway, here's the supplies for the card:

Stamps: Gift of Spring
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Lovely Lilac DSP, Almost Amethyst
Ink: Almost Amethyst
Misc: Corner punch, brads, ribbon, prisma colored pencils, baby oil, stumps

Winifred had her spa day today (ie went to the groomer). She has to go every two weeks in order for me to keep her hair long. She goes to Olde Towne School for Dogs in Olde Towne Alexandria. I was fortunate to get her in because they have a waiting list. We make her appointments for a year at the time. She has so much fun there. She gets to see all of her friends. She also went to puppy kindergarden there & then obedience school. Except one day she got sent home from school because I had been unable to work with her on her homework!

Anyway, happy Friday, and..............
Happy Stamping

Winnie & Patty

No comments: