Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Song







Happy Friday everyone! I hope you like the card I've posted today. It's one of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up! called Spring Song. Stampin' Up papers used are: Groovy Guava, Kiwi Kiss & Whisper White. I stamped the image in Stampin' Up Basis Grey, and colored the image with Prisma pencils. I tied a grossgrain ribbon bow and attached with a glue dot. I inked around the whisper white in Groovy Guava. Lastly I used my 2-Way glue pen and added clear glitter to the hummingbird. I gave my mothe-in-law a set of these cards as part of her birthday present.


Hummingbirds are very special to my MIL & me. While she was visiting us in Louisianna a number of years ago (Fort Polk), we loved spending time on the screen porch watching the hummingbirds around my feeders. One morning a hummingbird accidentally flew into the door and fell to the ground. I happened to be watching at the time, so I picked up the little fellow and thought he was dead. I took him into the house and was showing my MIL when all of the sudden he picked his head up. My MIL screamed to get the bird out of the house before he started flying. He sat in my hand for a few more minutes, (I swear I could see stars circling about his little head!). Finally, he flew off. So a very happy ending to what could have been a very sad story.


Hope you have a fabulous weekend, and happy stamping. Thanks for stoping by, and please come again soon.


Patty

1 comment:

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great job coloring! I love the glitter on his wings!